Thursday, April 26, 2007

Counselling...

My OH and I had our first session with a counsellor a few days ago. It felt so weird discussing my sex life with a complete stranger. I swear she must think I'm half human, half tomato. I don't think I stopped blushing the whole hour.

It has helped though. My OH said that he's feeling guilty for having put me in such a difficult position, that he's scared to make love to me in case it happens again. He knows that this is driving a huge wedge between us, but is powerless to change things.

I understand where he's coming from with this, but I feel that we need the closeness more than ever right now.

Our counsellor wants a few sessions alone with my OH. Should I be worried by this? Is my OH so damaged by what happened that we can't get past it? Why does he need to talk to her in secret - we've never had secrets before. I'm probably over-reacting but I can't help feeling hurt, feeling shut out of his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home