Friday, February 16, 2007

Sex Therapists...

There is a TV programme currently being aired late at night here in the UK where couples receive sex therapy.

Now, I am not against sex therapy, but for this programme video cameras are installed all over the couple's home and the therapists watch the action (or lack of!) then meet the couple and give them tips to help improve their sex life.

The idea of people watching me have sex in such a clinical fashion horrifies me. Heck, there are times when I don't even want my OH to see me! Plus, what if a colleague or acquaintance saw me? Horror!

I can't imagine why these people would want to broadcast their dysfunctional sex life to an entire nation! It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Biig Brother is watching you", because he could be, or a neighbour/friend/colleague. The thought brings me out in a cold sweat, but perhaps I'm just too straight-laced for my own good!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

Ugh, sounds horrible. The only conclusion I am left with is that the desire to be on the telly (See how I did that? ) is greater than their common sense. :)

7:05 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having a sex therapist critically watching and videoing every move would put me right off my stroke. Wouldn't have a problem with videoing for voyeuristic purposes though.
It's just the way you think about it.

11:54 am GMT  
Blogger 20SomethingGirl said...

AD: I quite agree with you! :)

Aussiegil: I guess so, but the idea of it really creeps me out! :)

7:47 pm GMT  
Blogger A Girl Like Me said...

Sex therapy on air? That is just wrong! What's this programme called (not that I want to perv!)? Ugh.

9:57 pm GMT  
Blogger 20SomethingGirl said...

aglm: I think it's called "The Sexual Therapists" (or something similar).

7:53 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better Sex

Love the article. You should be one of our product reviewers. If you are interested shoot me an email at wross@bettersex.com

Have a great day.

2:07 pm GMT  
Blogger 20SomethingGirl said...

Wendy: Wow, thanks! You really think so??

8:30 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home