Thursday, March 09, 2006

Deep Thoughts...

I recently read a post on AlwaysArousedGirl's blog that's got me thinking. In it she asks on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being homosexual and 10 being heterosexual), where are you?

I rated myself as an 8, as did many other people. What struck me is how few people could actually say that they were straight or gay. As teenagers we agonise over this, desperate to work it out, and finally decide one way or the other before using this decision to judge everyone we meet from that point on. We might not do this intentionally, but admit it, when you see a very effeminite man you automatically think "gay".

Why??

I for one think that the word gay should go back to it's original meaning - happy - after all, isn't this the only label that matters?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger figleaf said...

Hey Twenty,

When I was 20 it was exceedingly cool in my circle of friends to at least admit the possibility that you were bisexual. Pretty much the only two guys who didn't want to play along were me and another friend who was 100% gay. They all thought he was kind of cool because he was "all the way" but I caught a little grief for feeling 100% straight. I didn't feel great about that but in the long run I think my friend and I felt better than the other straight and gay people who kept trying to make something happen that wasn't really there for them. It's totally fine to be bisexual and wonderful to experiment if you really feel it. I just don't think it's any better to pretend to be bi if you don't feel it than it would to pretend to be straight if you weren't.

Nice post!

Take care,

figleaf

11:37 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home